Official Junk, Overpriced, etc. Thread

Tristar

May 24, 2010
MA
SPMRC said:
Then flag it as spam

I've flagged Craigslist posts as spam in the past, and nothing happens. Someone told me that many, many people need to flag a post as spam before CL will remove it.

shues

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 21, 2010
NW Indiana

Tom

Dec 18, 2010
Taunton, MA

shues

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 21, 2010
NW Indiana
tom said:

Really? Just yesterday you were endorsing this guy. You even sent a newbie to him to buy Edge lenses:

tom said:
Try this guy, he has a bunch of lenses and whatnot, he is near me:
WHELEN lenses and endcaps

He usually answers emails rather quickly. Tell him Tom told you about him :thumbsup:

Now you're throwing him under the bus and calling him a ripoff. What's up with that?

Mrlunchbox

Jun 12, 2010
Central, MA
That guy IS a rip off. He once was trying to sell me a twelve strobe mini edge or something of that sort. He claimed it was custom built and couldn't get it anywhere else. Yet on eBay EXACTLY same as pictured and was the SAME thing. (lens setup and all) Only thing was eBay guy wanted 300$ for it and this dude wanted something like 700$ or 800$!!!! The eBay guy wasn't affiliated with him at all. Turns out he bought some and then resold them on craigslist claiming to be his own for triple profit. Yeah, i'd choose him... Nothing wrong with making a little money but DAMN! I mean everything he sells I can get off eBay for more than half off or here for significantly less.

Tom

Dec 18, 2010
Taunton, MA
shues said:
Really? Just yesterday you were endorsing this guy. You even sent a newbie to him to buy Edge lenses:

Now you're throwing him under the bus and calling him a ripoff. What's up with that?

I simply told the member of a place where he could find lenses. I told the OP to "try" that guy. I know of him because he regularly sells lights in my area and vice versa, does this mean I have to like his prices? In no way was I endorsing him.

What is this thread about? Is it about rip offs? Was the post I posted a bad price? I don't see what the issue is.

CrownVic97

May 21, 2010
Hazen, ND
Okay, a broken Signal Stat rotator pod is not worth $75.00, more like under the $20 range. I'm mean, come on! The pictures show that clearly. Derp:duh:!

ai.ebayimg.com_t_Vintage_Double_spinning_police_fire_ambulance6b7cef08a236987659e506a8fc8c7923.jpg

ai.ebayimg.com_t_Vintage_Double_spinning_police_fire_ambulancee8857cd31fcb6e6d6b166ee668f78aab.jpg

ai.ebayimg.com_t_Vintage_Double_spinning_police_fire_ambulancea30af58d54455d92be1b4f4147dc26ee.jpg

CrownVic97

May 21, 2010
Hazen, ND
Tristar said:
Used Old Duxbury Police Rotating Deck Lights - $600 (hanson, MA)

Both for 600.00 dollars these can sell up to a 3 Thousand a piece, MODEL NUMBER 24EAH Series A1 volts 12 Aerodynic

Used Old Duxbury Police Rotating Deck Lights

What a bargain...I'm only an hour away...I think I'm going to go tomorrow and pick them up.

Wow...what did that guy smoke?

Tom

Dec 18, 2010
Taunton, MA
A customer called me this morning about unfitting a plow truck of his. He told me how he was hoping I would be cheaper than another local who was selling LED lights in my area. He continued by telling me how he bought off-brand TIR4s from the guy for $90 a piece. I couldn't believe what I was hearing...

MEVS06

May 23, 2010
San Antonio, TX
tom said:
A customer called me this morning about unfitting a plow truck of his. He told me how he was hoping I would be cheaper than another local who was selling LED lights in my area. He continued by telling me how he bought off-brand TIR4s from the guy for $90 a piece. I couldn't believe what I was hearing...

You would be surprised at how many of these "dealers" there is out there. Thats what makes it that much more difficult to conduct buisness with people who have been ripped off.

Joe - Texas LEO

CrownVic97

May 21, 2010
Hazen, ND
police light bar

So, how do these new CG lightbars work? :bonk: :duh: :dielaugh:

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gram1427

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.