Official Junk, Overpriced, etc. Thread

Tristar

May 24, 2010
MA
Q Siren - $1200

It's not a Q; It's in horrible shape, and unless it's made out of platinum or 14K (or greater) gold, it's not worth $1200. And, this guy thinks Federal Enterprises, inc. is now Federl Mogal (they mfg spark plugs, car headlights, and other auto parts. Oh, I forgot to mention...it's a Model WL Q siren.

Q Siren

Phoenix_Rising

Lifetime VIP Donor
Feb 27, 2012
Berks County PA
Local craigslist had a all-light street hawk, pretty beat up, with switch box for 500! I emailed them to tell him I got my fully populated Liberty for less than that

Aug 1, 2011
Ballston Spa NY USA
HPD84 said:

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAA!!!! that guy must have some good dope! ROFL :dielaugh: :dielaugh: :dielaugh: :dielaugh: :dielaugh: :dielaugh: :dielaugh: :dielaugh:

EDIT: just looked it up and new they are close to that price. he is wanting a little more than what i have seen them priced at but it is within the retail price. here is just one of the websites i went to that sells these: Parr Public Safety Equipment, Warning Lights, Lightbars, Vehicle Equipment, Police, DOT, EMS, Fire, Utility

Last edited by a moderator:

dmathieu

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 20, 2010
S.W. New Hampshire, USA
The picture does not match the verbage in the title..

The pic and description is of a rotating version, which is much less expensive.

Fail all the way around.

The price listed is Whelen's list price for the LED version.

Aug 1, 2011
Ballston Spa NY USA
dmathieu said:
The picture does not match the verbage in the title..
The pic and description is of a rotating version, which is much less expensive.

Fail all the way around.

The price listed is Whelen's list price for the LED version.

yea i messaged the guy telling him that if it really is an R10 then he has to change the pic.

Aug 1, 2011
Ballston Spa NY USA
RBRONKEMA GHTFD said:
Hope he accidentially added a extra 0 in his price.

Code 3 MX 7000 Light bar & siren with control boxes

5 pod custom vector for 500.

Vector Lightbar

wow... wonder if the 2 are related to the guy who wans $300 for an off brand used strobe kit that i posted? that MX aint even worth $200 and that vector bar might fetch 75

EDIT: i just emailed the guy about the vector asking him to come down on his price and he emailed me back saying he sold it for $450. my jaw dropped when i read that. i wouldnt have paid that much for it. not even if i had money flowing out my ass

IshyFlynn

Feb 8, 2012
Maine
Everything this guy sells is such a deal!

Mrlunchbox

Jun 12, 2010
Central, MA
He must be... that guy is always listing things on Craigslist. He has an MX bar that is custom with three power supplies. He wants like 1300$ for it as that is what he paid for the supplies alone. He use to claim he is only in business to help fellow firefighters. More like screw the folks not smart enough to go elsewhere! Hell under his "clearance" section he has old dashmisers for 160$!!! That is a deal? Used ISP188 supplies for 349$!!! WTF? I got mine for less than 50$ off of eBay. Check out his site and you will all laugh. I don't understand how you are helping a fellow firefighter with those prices...

MEVS06

May 23, 2010
San Antonio, TX
Mrlunchbox said:
He must be... that guy is always listing things on Craigslist. He has an MX bar that is custom with three power supplies. He wants like 1300$ for it as that is what he paid for the supplies alone. He use to claim he is only in business to help fellow firefighters. More like screw the folks not smart enough to go elsewhere! Hell under his "clearance" section he has old dashmisers for 160$!!! That is a deal? Used ISP188 supplies for 349$!!! WTF? I got mine for less than 50$ off of eBay. Check out his site and you will all laugh. I don't understand how you are helping a fellow firefighter with those prices...

I almost sh!t myself when I saw his REtarded pricing.

Tom

Dec 18, 2010
Taunton, MA
IshyFlynn said:
Everything this guy sells is such a deal!

He's pretty local to me. He posts about 10 Craigslist ads a day. I've talked on the phone with him a couple times. His prices have always been that outrageous

Tom

Dec 18, 2010
Taunton, MA
Mrlunchbox said:
So Tom, if you have talked to him a couple of times what is his deal? Does he not realize that he is on glue with his prices??

I think he buys all of his parts (lenses, power supplies, etc) for his Frankenbars direct from Whelen. I'm sure he pays all outdoors to redo them, then still wants to turn a profit.

But I know he is also a dealer for Uniforms Warehouse and I see that he is now claiming that the lights from there are made in the USA :ugh:

Like this one:

[Broken External Image]:http://www.lightbarliquidators.com/200_149_csupload_38429440.jpg?u=573066696

He is selling it for $999.95, and he claims it is made in the USA, when the same exact bar can be purchased here for only $279.99 :duh:

I don't know what his deal is. At these prices, he can't be making that many sales.... It's funny though because he bought 4 AWL LED Hide Aways off of me for his own Suburban lol

Mrlunchbox

Jun 12, 2010
Central, MA
tom said:
I think he buys all of his parts (lenses, power supplies, etc) for his Frankenbars direct from Whelen. I'm sure he pays all outdoors to redo them, then still wants to turn a profit.

But I know he is also a dealer for Uniforms Warehouse and I see that he is now claiming that the lights from there are made in the USA :ugh:

Like this one:

[Broken External Image]:http://www.lightbarliquidators.com/200_149_csupload_38429440.jpg?u=573066696

He is selling it for $999.95, and he claims it is made in the USA, when the same exact bar can be purchased here for only $279.99 :duh:

I don't know what his deal is. At these prices, he can't be making that many sales.... It's funny though because he bought 4 AWL LED Hide Aways off of me for his own Suburban lol

Thats one hell of a profit! haha

foxtrot5

Sep 26, 2011
Charleston Area, SC, US
Fire Dept. light bar

anyone want to buy an Edge for $450?

Blue light for sale

or a mini-edge for 350? which appears to be a mini-edge mounted onto a full edge frame or something strange like that.

Tristar

May 24, 2010
MA
Mrlunchbox said:

This guy is so annoying...I live in the Boston area, and I used to search CL on a regular basis, but I stopped because of the constant (and identical) ads he runs. I've tried flagging as overposts, but it never does any good. His prices aren't all that bad...he has a Twinsonic that he says is the same style as used on squad 51 from tv for $199.95. Gee...not a bad price for a CTS. Or, is it a case that he has no idea what he's talking about? Speaking of not knowing what he's talking about, in his CL ads as well as on his website, he refers to Aerodynics as an "aerodyne". What the hell is an aerodyne??? (Sorry for the sarcasm.)

Reactions: LED

shues

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 21, 2010
NW Indiana
Tristar said:
What the hell is an aerodyne??? (Sorry for the sarcasm.)

I think I remember this stuff from school:

• An aircraft that is lighter than air is called an aerostat.
  • An aircraft that is heavier than air is called an aerodyne.

jdh

May 21, 2010
Geneva, FL
shues said:
I think I remember this stuff from school:
  • An aircraft that is lighter than air is called an aerostat.
  • An aircraft that is heavier than air is called an aerodyne.

Hey...It's a dy n arrow

chief1562

Mar 18, 2011
Slaterville/NY
Blue book or lottsa balls.

not sure but those prices must come from the catalog when pieced together.

Dosen't know what a vista is either.

Mrlunchbox

Jun 12, 2010
Central, MA
That guy in Woburn must be wicked high. I seriously hope no one is purchasing from him! I mean as just mentioned "custom" MX for 1200$ I think it used to be at 1600$ Who the hell would buy that??

emtanderson51

Apr 9, 2011
USA Massachusetts
I was "browsing" through this guys site again tonight and simply cannot believe what I see. He must be shut in without access to the real world.........

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ericgivens

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.